Our unique expertise in process simulation is based on many years of practical experience in chemical engineering and production combined with state-of-the-art know-how in modeling and simulation. For our customer projects we select the best combination of models, calculation methods and software:
- Finite element analysis (FEA simulation)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and thermodynamics
- Coupled multiphysics simulations
- Various optimization methods and algorithms (e.g. parametric optimization, topology optimization)
- Prediction of flow, temperature distribution, convection, radiation, distortion, material behavior, pressure losses, efficiency, gas composition, etc.
- Innovative engineering for research and development
- Risk assessment, process design, optimization and efficiency increase
e.g. for thermal processing plants, paint drying, industrial furnaces, sintering, hardening, ceramics production, glass production, concrete production, brazing, rotary kilns, continuous furnaces, quenching, powder metallurgy, piezoceramics, calcination
e.g. for adsorption plants, heat exchangers, electrolysis, reactors, bulk materials, mixers, columns, internals etc.
e.g. for mixing, spray-drying, crystal growing, semiconductor production, LED and chip production, coating, infiltration, filtering
e.g. for extrusion, (hot isostatic) pressing, compaction, pultrusion, continuous casting
We always identify the advantages for our customers on a project-specific basis. For example
- Cost and time savings through radical reduction of trial-and-error experiments.
- Shortened time-to-market
- Reduction of investment risk (CAPEX) for new or modified processes.
Advantages for plant manufacturers
Whether strategic pre-development, feasibility studies or project work: for our customers in plant construction and mechanical engineering we develop individual service portfolios for the design phase and modeling of new machinery.
Advantages for process operators
Whether rampup, concept development, optimization or CAPEX planning: We offer individual simulation services to improve processes.
Whether upscaling, modification of an existing process or designing a new process from scratch: We provide the full service to digitally test, evaluate and modify processes. Our project engineers work individually with the most diverse requirements to develop efficient, resource-saving, robust and highly competitive processes for our customers.
We have a track-record of creating positive business cases for our customers. Read the success stories from our customers to get an impression on our unparalleled multiphysics know how.
Complex high-temperature processes are controlled by various parameters to develop the right operating conditions for a given product. In this success story, we use computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to optimize operating conditions.
Industrial heat treatment processes for metals, ceramic materials, and glasses must have specified process parameters to reach the desired quality and quantity. We used a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) model to test a furnace design with a first-time-right approach.