SGL Carbon is a leader in the development and manufacture of products based on specialty graphite and composites materials. Using our comprehensive technology know-how and in close partnership with our customers, we develop intelligent and leading-edge solutions for the big issues of mobility, energy and digitization. SGL Carbon has more than 5,000 employees worldwide and 31 production sites in Europe, North America and Asia, and a service network in over 100 countries.
In the “Future Growth Area” within the central Research and Development organization “Central Innovation” at Meitingen site, SGL Carbon GmbH is offering an/a
Internship/Thesis: Innovative Coatings "Functional coatings for carbon-based materials"Your Opportunity :
Your Profile :
- Surface modification / coating on various carbon substrates focusing on improving the thermal and/or chemical stability
- Identification of suitable precursors for specific coating systems and performance of test coatings
- Analysis of the quality of the resulting coatings and optimization of the process parameters in close collaboration with the development team
- Evaluation and documentation of test results
Our Promise :
- Studies in the field of material sciences, process engineering, physics, chemical engineering or comparable
- Beneficial: initial practical experience with polymer materials Si-based polymers, binders or ceramics
- Customer-focused, target-oriented and autonomous working style
- Mother tongue level either in German or English
- Available from January 2020 on for a period of 6 to 9 months
- Applications welcome in German or English
Look forward to challenging tasks and the opportunity to take on responsibility In our inspiring team you will work on smart solutions for future-oriented industries. We offer you competitive remuneration, attractive social benefits and a range of development opportunities in a technology-based company.