SGL Carbon is a leader in the development and manufacture of products based on specialty graphite and composites materials. Using our comprehensive technology know-how and in close partnership with our customers, we develop intelligent and leading-edge solutions for the big issues of mobility, energy and digitization. SGL Carbon has more than 5,000 employees worldwide and 30 production sites in Europe, North America and Asia, and a service network in over 100 countries.
For our Meitingen site SGL CARBON GmbH offer an/a
Internship/Thesis Mechanical DesignYour Opportunity :
Your Profile :
- Evaluation of several open-source finite element software tools for performing linear static structural analyses
- Implementation of algorithms for the generation of fully parameterised simulation models
- Participation in current development projects in cooperation with engineers from the mechanical de-sign department
- Documentation of the findings and preparation of training tutorials describing the functionality of suita-ble software tools
Our Promise :
- Enrolled in master studies in the field of mechanical or structural engineering, material science, engineering informatics, physics or similar
- Sound knowledge of structural mechanics and numerical methods (finite element method)
- Basic experience in applying high-level programming languages (Python, MATLAB®)
- Proactive work behaviour and motivation to learn new software tools
- Fluent use of German and English
- Available for a period of 3 to 6 months
Look forward to challenging tasks and the opportunity to take on responsibility In our inspiring team you will work on smart solutions for future-oriented industries. We offer you competitive remuneration, attractive social benefits and a range of development opportunities in a technology-based company.