- Cost-efficient production of components with complex structures
- Material properties of carbon (e.g. low weight, electrical and thermal conductivity, mechanical strength, chemical and high temperature resistance, low thermal expansion)
- Customized material properties through polymer or liquid silicon infiltration are possible
- Integration of intelligent functions such as heat management
The porous structure of CARBOPRINT C offers the ideal basis for new, individually tailored material properties via polymer (CARBOPRINT P) or liquid silicon infiltration (CARBOPRINT Si). The material properties can also be significantly modified by additional temperature treatment (e.g. carbonization or graphitization).
CARBOPRINT C is manufactured using carbon and graphite powders, which are bonded by the binder-jetting technique using chemically and thermally stable duroplastic resins. CARBOPRINT C is particularly suitable if porosity and dimensional stability at high temperatures (e.g. in casting processes) are important. Another advantage is the particularly low heat capacity of CARBOPRINT C which significantly reduces the required heating and cooling cycle times compared to sand cores.
- Low weight due to low density and open porosity
- Dimensional stability at high temperatures
- Refinement by re-densification and/or heat treatment possible
|Coefficient of thermal expansion (RT/200°C)||μm/(mK)||5.5|
The use of CARBOPRINT P is particularly beneficial for applications requiring non-metallic materials. This material is temperature resistant up to 200 °C, without the creeping effects that can occur with other non-reinforced polymers. CARBOPRINT P components are manufactured by infiltrating polymers into CARBOPRINT C bodies. Depending on the choice of polymer, properties such as mechanical or chemical stability can be adjusted to your individual requirements.
- By processing with different polymers, the strength, chemical resistance and thermal expansion can be individually tailored
- Low weight
- Temperature resistance up to 200 ⁰C
|Coefficient of thermal expansion (RT/200°C)||μm/(mK)||12||40||20|
Ceramic carbon composites offer ideal properties for reliable performance and durability in abrasive environments and high temperatures. We apply our decades of experience in the manufacture of ceramic composites to 3D printing. This enables you to realize almost any design with ceramic carbon composites. CARBOPRINT C bodies are infiltrated with liquid silicon to produce CARBOPRINT Si components.
- Low weight due to low density
- High wear resistance
- High bending strength
- High thermal shock resistance
|Coefficient of thermal expansion (RT/200°C)||μm/(mK)||3||3||3|