- Economic solution for geometrically complex ceramic components in small batches
- Outstanding material properties such as thermal conductivity, high temperature resistance, very high hardness and resistance to abrasion and corrosion
- Application specific material properties possible by polymer or liquid silicon infiltration
The porous structure of SICAPRINT offers the ideal basis for new material properties individually tailored to our customer needs by polymer (SICAPRINT P) or liquid silicon infiltration (SICAPRINT Si). The material properties can also be significantly changed by further processing steps (e.g. densification with carbon).
For applications requiring abrasion resistance or chemical resistance at temperatures up to 200 °C, SICAPRINT P is a pragmatic solution. SICAPRINT P is produced by polymer impregnation of 3D printed silicon carbide. Depending on the choice of polymer, the material properties can be individually tailored to your requirements.
- High abrasion resistance
- Good chemical resistance
- Temperature resistance up to 200 °C
|Shore D hardness||90||90||90|
SICAPRINT Si is our solution for high temperature applications up to 1400 °C where high abrasion resistance is required. At very high temperatures, SICAPRINT Si shows better mechanical properties than most metals. To produce SICAPRINT Si, 3D printed silicon carbide is used as the base material, which is refined by infiltration with liquid silicon. In addition to its temperature and abrasion resistance, SICAPRINT Si also features very high hardness and very good thermal conductivity. Due to the wide variety of SICAPRINT Si variants, you can select the best solution for your needs.
- Temperature stability up to 1400 °C
- Very high hardness
- Outstanding thermal conductivity
- Excellent stiffness and good bending strength