- Long-term sealing characteristics up to 500 °C (932 °F), up to 550 °C when encapsulated e.g. exhaust pipe ring gaskets
- Soft and flexible, easy to adapt to uneven flanges and surfaces
- Excellent media resistance
- Low permeability to gases and liquids
- Absence of binders means no aging or fatigue under dynamic load even at elevated temperatures
- Large dimensions up to a width of 1.5 m (60.1”)
SIGRAFLEX is the first choice of sealing materials calling for low emission standards, reliability, durability and safety. Our materials - flexible graphite foil just like graphite gasket sheets - show strong resistance to extreme temperatures as well as enhanced sealing characteristics at consistent high quality.
Application-specific products for exhaust gas recirculation systems (EGR) made from SIGRAFLEX flexible graphite foil and tapes are e.g. bearings for EGR valves and seal rings for EGR gaskets and exhaust manifolds.
Products made from SIGRAFLEX graphite sealing materials are chemically resistant to the vast majority of media e.g. oils, lubricants and coolants. Oxidation inhibitors are added in some grades to additionally enhance reliability and long term stability.
SIGRAFLEX foils and foil tapes have an outstanding workability and are particularly easy to cut, to press and to punch. Like our SIGRAFLEX graphite gasket sheets they are processed into a wide range of sealing products by using various methods.
Our flexible graphite foils are available in various densities and can be adapted to a wide variety of sealing applications with great versatility: SIGRAFLEX is suitable for highly automated manufacturing of engine technology gaskets and seals and mass production.
Let our Product Finder Flexible Graphite guide you to the optimum gasket material for your requirements.
Brochures, technical data and information sheets as well as approvals and test reports on our SIGRAFLEX products can be found in our Download Center.