- High thermal conductivity
- Electrical conductivity
- Electromagnetic shielding
- Low powder density and large specific surface
- Minimum influence on properties of base material
- Environmental friendliness
A combination of gypsum plaster and SIGRATHERM GFG graphite powder improves the thermal conductivity of plasterboards by a factor of 3 to 0.52 W/(m•K), without impairing its basic properties.
Rigips Climafit plasterboards from Saint-Gobain Rigips GmbH provide an excellent, thermally efficient covering for surface heating/cooling systems.
With SIGRATHERM GFG graphite powder modified construction materials like Climafit Protekto plasterboards of Saint-Gobain Rigips GmbH are electrically conductive and therefore provide electromagnetic (EMI) shielding. The shielding is mainly achieved by absorption and not solely through reflection of the electromagnetic waves.
SIGRATHERM expanded graphite powders can be used in a wide variety of construction and HVAC applications where electrical and thermal conductivity properties are essential. Typical applications of our SIGRATHERM powders and granules are:
- Plasterboards for radiant ceiling installations
- Plasters for wall heating systems
- Antistatic floor coverings and adhesives
- Firebricks used for stoves
- Electrically or thermally conductive plastics
- Construction materials for electromagnetic shielding to protect e.g. hospitals, kindergartens, schools and living spaces
Brochures, technical data and information sheets on our products for high-temperature and thermal management applications can be found in our SIGRATHERM Download Center.